Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wingers Sticky Fingers Sauce

This is my variation on Winger's sticky fingers sauce. I haven't compared min sticky fingers side to side with theirs just yet, but I am almost certain this is it. Either way, this recipe is super delicious!!!

For the sauce:
1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 cup brown sugar

Mix together in a sauce pan and heat until all the sugar is dissolved. I'm not sure if you need to store this in the fridge or not but I do just to be safe.

For the chicken fingers I usually just take a large chicken breast, tenderize it (flatten it) until it is about a half inch thick or less, sprinkle it with salt, toss in seasoned flour with salt and garlic powder, dredge it in egg, toss it in the flour again, then fry them up in a pan that has about a 1/4 cup veggie oil that is heated to about medium to med-high heat.

I know, I know, fried foods are "bad" for you, but guess what? When I have fried my own french fries before they retain hardly any of the oil... As in they maybe retain a tablespoon of oil in the multiple batches that I fry for my small family. These retain just a little bit more than that, but honestly they are so much better for you than the frozen breaded chicken breasts that you can buy in the frozen meat section. Plus, it's the carbs that you really need to watch out for, not the veggie fat. So take the lesser of two evils and try these:).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment