Friday, July 13, 2012

Breaded Chicken

This is one of my easy, semi-quick meals that is a regular at our house.  It sounds like it will take a little while to make, but after you've made it a few times it starts to go really fast which is perfect on those busy days.

Ingredients:
6 Tablespoons flour
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 egg
3 Tablespoons milk
4-6 chicken tenders
Olive oil

Directions:
1 - Mix together flour, pepper, and garlic salt in a bowl.  In a separate bowl beat together egg and milk.

2 - Pour some olive oil in a skillet and turn burner on allowing oil to get hot (I don't usually measure the oil, but I only put enough to barely cover the skillet surface).

3 - Coat one chicken tender with flour mixture.  After coated with flour, coat chicken in egg mixture and then coat in flour mixture one more time and put in the hot oil skillet.  Repeat this with all chicken tenders.

4 - Cook chicken untill thoroughly cooked, flipping half way through (I usually cook about 5 or 6 minutes on each side, but it depends on how thick the chicken is).  Chicken breading should be golden brown on each side.

Helpful Hints:
You can mix the flour mixture in a ziplock bag or a bowl and then put on a plate to coat the chicken so it is a little easier.  I just use a bowl to dirty less dishes and not waste a bag.

I like to serve this chicken with vegetables and either pasta or rice. It is especially good with long grain & wild rice and zucchini and yellow squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment