This is my mom's yummy chili recipe. So good on a cold day.
Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, cut up
2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 large can tomatoes cut up
2 cans chili beans
2 cans kidney beans
3/4 teaspoon salt
2-3 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons seasonal
dash worcestershire sauce
dash pepper
3/4 cups green peppers (optional)
Directions:
First brown together the beef and onion. Drain fat from beef mixture (I like to run it under hot water in a strainer to get a little extra fat out). Mix remaining ingredients with beef mixture. Cook in a crockpot on low for 8 to 10 hours or in oven at 325 degrees for 2 hours. Spices can be adjusted to taste.
Helpful Hints:
My husband doesn't really like kidney beans too much so I only use one can of kidney beans and three cans of chili beans and it is just as good.
I have a hot crockpot so I can only cook the chili for about 6 hours max before it starts cooking the beans too much.
This chili is delicious with my Grandma Leary's breadsticks!
No comments:
Post a Comment