Friday, July 13, 2012

Chicken or Steak Fajitas

Ingredients:
6 Chicken tenders OR 2 medium steaks of your choice cut into pieces or strips
1 Onion
1 Green pepper
1 Red pepper
Water
Taco seasoning
Tortillas (I like the ones you cook yourself)
Fajita toppings (cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc.)

Directions:
1 – Cut up onion, green pepper, and red pepper to desired size (I’ve tried chopping them and cutting them in strips and I like them better copped). Once vegetables are cut, put in a pan with a little water (about ¼ cup) and turn on burner to medium heat.

2 – In a separate pan, start cooking chicken. Once chicken is cooked and there is little to no liquid in the pan, add ¼ cup water and taco seasoning to taste (I usually use about ½ package of seasoning).

3 – Once most of the liquid is cooked out of chicken and vegetables are tender, pour vegetables in chicken and mix well. If there is any remaining liquid in the pan, allow it to cook out.

4 – Create your fajita! I cook my tortillas and then put on the chicken, cheese, sour cream etc.

Helpful Hints:
When I make these with steak, I usually just season the steak and leave out the taco seasoning since the steak has such a great flavor on its own.

I have tried other seasonings with the chicken, but my favorite is “Old El Paso” taco seasoning.

I have tried many different toppings some of my favorites are; sour cream, guacamole, cheese, black beans, spanish rice, and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment