This is from the food network's website from Ellie Krieger.
1 tbsp olive oil (I use pure olive oil because I'm not used to the fruity taste of virgin or extra virgin olive oil)
1/2 med onion
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp chili powder
1 can pinto beans (drained, rinsed, boiled for 5 mins then rinsed again) the extra boiling and rinsing is my addition because I think it reduces the effects of the beans;)
1 cup chicken broth (she calls for 2/3 cup but I always use more)
salt and pepper
2 tbsp cilantro leaves (I never use these because I rarely have them around and when I do I forget about them)
Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender. Stir in garlic and chili powder for 1 min. Stir in beans and chicken broth and cook until beans are cooked through. Mash the beans and if necessary add salt and pepper. Stir in cilantro if you have it.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod
No comments:
Post a Comment